Eroski, one of the largest supermarket chains in Spain, has announced that it will invest 100 million euros in 2022 and 2023 in its commercial margin to absorb the increase in costs and inflation without passing the burden onto the consumers. To further show its commitment to the customers, Eroski is launching a price war in the distribution sector with the introduction of a basic shopping basket with “very competitive” prices, starting from March 16. The shopping basket includes 600 basic products for less than 2 euros.
The Basket that Makes You Fall in Love
Eroski’s new basic shopping basket, known as the ‘basket that makes you fall in love’, includes over 1,000 fresh products, ranging from food to personal and household care. More than 50% of the basket consists of daily and weekly consumption products such as dairy, vegetables, fruits, oil, eggs, and fish. Around 20% corresponds to personal and home care items, while the rest are occasional consumer categories such as cookies, chocolates, or pastries.
The basket contains 35% of Eroski’s own brand products and the remaining 65% consists of leading and local brands. Out of the 600 products in the basket, more than half have a price of less than 2 euros, while the other 200 products are priced at 1 euro or less.
Eroski’s Shopping Basket for Less than 30 Euros
To showcase how much prices have dropped and to demonstrate the effectiveness of the promotion, Eroski has presented a shopping basket for less than 30 euros, which includes 24 products for food and personal care. The basket consists of fresh products such as variable banana, white mushroom, carrot, batavia lettuce, E. Basic sliced soft cheese, green veggie Eroski slices, small Eroski b a r, and golden piece of 300/400 grams packaged. The total price of fresh products in the basket is 10.59 euros.
The food section of the basket includes flat green beans, Bomilk whole brick milk, free-range egg PV E roski Natur, Eroski canned natural peeled tomato, whole piquillo pepper FCO Eroski’s, light tuna Natur Eroski, Lanisol sunflower oil, Eroski’s basic extra rice, white bean FCO E. Basic, spaghetti E. Basic, Choco milk Avella Eroski, Eroski palm-free cookies, Pino E. Basic floor scrubber, green hand wash Eroski, Eroski facial tissue, and Bella natural oatmeal gel. The total price of the food section is 19.4 euros, making the total cost of the basket 29.99 euros.
Q: What is Eroski’s strategy to deal with increased costs and inflation?
A: Eroski plans to invest 100 million euros in 2022 and 2023 in its commercial margin to absorb the increase in costs and inflation without passing the burden onto the consumers.
Stay up-to-date with the latest news and industry insights by following our LinkedIn page! Join our community of like-minded professionals and gain access to exclusive content, networking opportunities, and more. Don’t miss out on the chance to connect with us and stay informed about the latest developments in our field. Click the link and hit “Follow” now!