App to create logos
Would you like to create a new logo to put on your shop sign or business card? Would you like to create logos just for fun even if you are not a professional graphic designer? If you answered yes to at least one of these questions, then you’ve just landed on the right guide. In this tutorial, I will explain to you which ones are the best app to create logos that you can install on your Android or iOS / iPadOS device.
You will be able to indulge your imagination and, above all, the designer who hides inside you. How do you say? Not very confident in your graphics skills? You can rest assured, the logo design apps I am about to recommend are very simple to use. You have no reason to worry. They are clearly not comparable to vector graphics programs, which remain the best choice if you want to get something more professional, but nobody stops you from “sketching” something with these kinds of easy-to-use solutions.
Now all you have to do is get comfortable, take a few minutes of patience and read the instructions I am about to give you very carefully. You will see, if you follow my advice you will be able to create logos in no time at all. I already anticipate that practically all the solutions that I will propose will allow you to create logos for free (some of these apps also offer paid solutions to take advantage of advanced functions that you can “unlock” if necessary). Now let’s put the chatter aside and get to the heart of this tutorial!
App to create logos for free
Let’s see, therefore, some app to create logos for free that can do for you. You just have to test the solutions listed below and choose the solution that’s right for you.
Canva (Android / iOS / iPadOS)
Are you looking for an app to create company logos, maybe because you want them to represent your business? Or do you want to create logos to use on social networks? Canva may be what is right for you. It is a solution for Android (in case you own a device without Google services, you can get it from one alternative store) and for iOS / iPadOS, easy to use and free, even if (whoever wishes) can take out a subscription of € 9.16 / month to also take advantage of its advanced features. In any case, the contents created can also be used for commercial purposes.
After installed and started Canva, log in with Google (button Sign in with Google) or with Facebook (button Log in with Facebook) and follow the instructions that appear on the screen. Then type “logo” in the search bar placed at the top of the screen and select one of the occurrences found, according to your needs (eg. Logo, Automotive logo, Logo for badge, Restaurant logo, etc.), then select the template of your interest (or, if you prefer, select a template empty, pressing the appropriate wording).
In the screen that opens, tap on one of the elements present in the template (if you have chosen an empty one, obviously there will not be any) and customize it using i buttons placed at the bottom. If you want to change a predefined text, however, you have to double-tap on it and then write the text of your interest.
To insert additional elements, then, tap the button (+) located at the bottom left, and select models, elements (ex. lines, forms, photo, etc.), text add, photos and videos from the Gallery of the device in use, etc. Once you have chosen the element to add, place it in the work area, change its size using the slider placed along its perimeter and customize it using the I buttons that appeared below. When you are ready to do so, download the logo locally or share it by pressing on the arrow pointing up (top right) and selecting one of the saving or sharing options from those available.
Please note that Canva is also available as web application and it works on all the main ones browser. More info here.
Adobe Creative Cloud Express (Android / iOS / iPadOS)
Another solution I recommend you try is Creative Cloud Express. This branded solution Adobe, available for Android (also alternative stores for devices without Play Store) and for iOS / iPadOS, allows you to create logos in a simple, intuitive and free way (although it must be said that access to some additional content is reserved for users who subscribe to the paid subscription, which starts from 12.19 euros / month or 121.99 euros / year). In short, a very valid alternative to Canva for personal or commercial purposes.
Once you have installed and started the app, create a Adobe account providing your e-mail address (Register for free) or by logging in via Google, Facebook or Apple (by pressing on the appropriate buttons) or, again, log in with yours Adobe ID (if you already have one).
Then, scroll down the screen and, once in the section Logos, click on the wording View all, select the template of your interest and then tap the button Remix this model.
To customize elements already present in the logo, select those of your interest and use the tools in the app. To insert additional elements, instead, press on the buttons add (to insert text, photos, etc.), Colors (to customize the colors), Layout (to change the layout), Brand name (to insert an icon) and/or Resize (to resize the worksheet), and so on.
Once you have finished the logo, tap on the symbol of a square with an arrow pointing up at the top right, choose the background of the logo, and then select the save/share option of your liking.
Other apps to create logos
There are other apps to create logos that might be right for you. I’ll list them below.
- Logo Maker Plus (Android) – if you are looking for aapp to create featured story logos (on Instagram of course), this may be for you, since it integrates some useful icons for this purpose, as well as various customization possibilities. Basically it is free, but access to all its functions and templates requires in-app purchases starting from 3.19 euros.
- Logo Maker (Android/iOS / iPadOS) – is an interesting multi-platform app that you may decide to install on your Android or iOS / iPadOS smartphone or tablet, as it allows you to create very nice logos in just a few steps, starting from over 2000 ready-to-use templates, plus 5000 icons available and the many customization functions available. Access to all functions, however, requires a subscription, which starts at € 10.99 / month.
- Foundry logo (iOS / iPadOS) – is one of the best free iPhone logo maker app (although the advanced functions are available by subscribing to the subscription, which starts at € 1.99 / month). Its interface, refined and simple at the same time, as well as the numerous fully customizable templates, make it one of the best on the square.
App to create logos: PC
I conclude the article by telling you about some of them programs to create PC logos. If you are looking for software for Windows or app to create Mac logos, this is the part of the article that interests you most.
- Adobe Illustrator (Windows / macOS) – famous Adobe software designed mainly for professional use that allows you to create various types of graphics, including logos, using numerous tools and advanced functions. It can be tested free for 7 days, then it costs 24.39 euros/month. More info here.
- Inkscape (Windows / macOS / Linux) – this is a free and open-source application, considered the best free alternative to Illustrator (which I mentioned above). It allows you to create vector graphics and logos in a simple and fairly intuitive way. More info here.
- GIMP (Windows / macOS / Linux) – this open-source and multi-platform solution, specially designed for photo editing, can be useful if necessary to create various logos and designs. More info here.
For more information about the use of these and other programs to create logos, I refer you to reading the guide that I have entirely dedicated to them.
Source link App to create logos.